Monday, February 28, 2011

Reality Show- Judge Jehovah

Lectionary passage: 1 Corinthians 4:1-5

Judge Judy, Judge Jeanine Pirro, Judge Alex, Judge Mathis, Judge Brown, Judge Karen, wow! There is no lack of courtroom shows, and we just love to see someone get what’s coming to them! But when it’s me on the highway going 65mph in a 50mph zone (OK, it was a 40mph speed limit! But, just barely!) it’s not justice I want, it’s mercy! Last week I was never so glad to hear an officer tell me ‘I’ll just give you a verbal warning.”!!!!! Apostle Paul reminded us that regardless of our opinions, it’s what Judge Jehovah thinks that is really important!
And, as we sing in the praise song, “One day every tongue will confess you are God, one day every knee will bow, still the greatest treasure remains for those who gladly choose you now!”
I don’t want to wait for justice in the last day! Mercy is available for we who humble ourselves in repentance now, and get free and clear right now, and enjoy life to its fullest!

No comments: