Monday, March 7, 2011

The Way

Matthew 28:18-20

“…go out and train everyone you meet, far and near, in this way of life, …”
from the Message

Recently I began a technology project, and quickly saw how out-of-my-league it was. Somewhere between ‘easy steps 2 and 3’ the picture and explanation went oh so wrong. An actual human voice (after countless ‘press 1 for…press 2 for….for all else refer to our web site….’) was a welcome relief, but after three calls to technical support and hours later, I was so ready for just one living, breathing, human being’s presence in the room with simple instructions on how to solve this mess!
For God so loved us, he sent not a hot line, a web page, or technical support chat screen, but he sent his living, breathing, completely human son to show us the way. Jesus said he is the WAY, the truth and the life. Though we are created by God in infinite varieties of gifts, looks, talents, he gave us our life support technician who lived among us and showed us the way.
His name is Jesus, and his examples of how to love and live came as simple as things like (living) water, (daily) bread, and a light shining in the darkness. I just love it when complicated issues of life can be explained to one such as I in terms I can understand, by one who is real, personal, and right beside me.
He is my life's technical support, available 24/7 and his name is Jesus- the WAY.

No comments: